Breakfast is probably one of my favourite meals to cook, especially at the weekend when I've got a bit more spare time. Today I bring you three off my favourite dishes. They are all relatively healthy, always a plus. So let's get down to the recipes.
The fancy brekkie
Splash of milk
Half of a wholemeal bagel
1. Whisk together the egg and a splash of milk. Pop it into the microwave for about a minute and a half, stirring after one minute.
2. Toast half of the bagel. Then spread on a thin layer of Philadelphia.
3. Pop the smoked salmon onto the bagel and top with the scrambled egg.
4. Finish it off with some black pepper.
The mushroom lovers brekkie
1 field mushroom
A few slices of wafer ham
1 spring onion
A handful of spinach
Half a whole meal bagel
1. Pop the mushroom into a frying pan with some low calorie cooking spray. Turn it over after about a minute and a half.
2. In the same pan, add the ham, spinach and spring onion. Cook until the spinach has wilted and the onion has softened slightly. Add seasoning.
3. Toast half of the bagel.
4. Pop the mushroom on top of the bagel, then spoon on the spinach, ham and spring onions.
The fruity brekkie
1 passion fruit
A handful of blueberries
A handful of raspberries
1. Mash the banana with a fork, you want it to be quite chunky.
2. Whisk the eggs and stir in the banana.
3. Spray a frying pan with low calorie spray. Add two tbs of the mixture per pancake to the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds each side.
4. Slice the passion fruit down the middle and spoon out the inside. Then scatter of the fruit over the pancakes.