You will need:
Sieve (if using apple pic filling)
50g porridge oats
50g light brown sugar
50g plain flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
250g self raising flour
40g porridge oats
180g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 large apple or 1 tin of Apple pie filling
1/2 spoon of cinnamon
Pre heat your oven to 180C
1) Combine all of the crumble topping ingredients in a bowl and mix together with fingers. Set aside.
2) Now for the cake. In a large mixing bowl, put in the self raising flour, oats and sugar and mix together with wooden spoon.
3) Melt the butter for approx 20 seconds in the microwave. In the meantime crack two eggs into the milk and whisk together. Once the butter has cooled, pour both into the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon. Don't expect a smooth mixture. Dice up the apple or strain some of the extra apple sauce from the apple pie filling and add to the mixture. Mix thoroughly. Finally add the cinnamon.
4) Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and top with the crumble mixture. Slightly press the crumble down.
5) Put in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is slightly golden. An easy sign to show that they are cooked is to stick a tooth pick in the middle and if it comes out clean, they are done!
I hope that you give them a go! If you do, send me a picture on Twitter or Instagram.